Friday 9 April 2021

Forever my Angel (Poem)

You were just here!

I heard the news
felt the tears
YOU WERE JUST HERE!
Right here...
My hands around your waist,
dinner time we were in no haste.
Talking to me,
telling me tales,
always the protagonist,
the plot always the same
how foe after foe failed
and time after time you prevailed
due to god's divine grace.
Showed me how to stand on my own
believe in myself, set my own goals.
You taught me how to hone my skills
especially under the scrutiny of critics,
fight first cry later
but plot for triumph as each drop hit the pillow.
You're my definition of a soldier,
my confidence's shoulders,
ghetto youths' helper,
a true saviour - messiah.
You sold the tangibles
but none came close to the intangible,
your love was truly remarkable,
you showed us all how to be strong while vulnerable.

You were the foundation
and the pillars.
The building is still firm because now your spirit lies in each brick,
unbelievable strength even at your illest.
I'll love you to the fullest!
Fly my angel,
take your place in the highest of highest.
XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment