Friday 9 April 2021

My sanctuary (Poem)

This house is broken
like the hearts it hold,
rottening hope now gone
weary like my soul.
The cracks now cry for help,
walls are hopeless,
sheltered but my faith is homeless,
as silence is on bedrest,
I'm by its side praying for the return of its liveliness
but where do I begin
when time won't permit.
I'm sick,
sick of the same shit.
Water flows,
I say stop but
the tap won't listen,
no obedience,
and my wiring is now twisted,
ideas are vanishing,
bulbs are blowing in an instant,
and I'm in this darkness
trying to find my pieces
but it'll be a miracle if they ever fit.

In time this house will become a home again,
brick by brick the proof is already in the pudding.
Inspiring those around it like its former inhabitants,
the nucleus of change for its location.
I am one with it,
feel its foundation slowly strengthening.
I covered it in a bubble of prayer,
it needs blessings.
No ghost resides
so no need to exercise,
demons contrite and departed
now it practices pacifism.
This house will accept nothing but peace,
development, air to breathe.
The cracks will get filled,
sanded down therapeutically,
each and every wall attacked by Elpis!
Faith will be restored
joyful music will invade its core.
This will be a worthy shelter.
This will be a home again!
My home.

No comments:

Post a Comment