Friday 9 April 2021

How I met Philly

You know that show 'How I met your mother'? Well this is how I met Philly. See Philly and myself have a long standing history, I'm talking pre-historic Mary Anning rubbing all over fossil type of distant history. See as a kid I heard the word 'PHILADELPHIA' and I pictured absolute magic. Don't ask me why I just did. There and then I knew we would meet and have a happy life together and then like Polly, along came faith, angelic and appealing ready to deliver my wish like a genie and before I knew it there I was trampling all over the face of Philly leaving my footsteps as a blueprint for those that'll one day follow. Since moving I've travelled all over the city, seen it at it's quietest, craziest, busiest, funnest, freakiest, when it's real good and when it gets real real bad. I love Philly, I really do, the magic will never end... But it has... Well in a way.

When I first moved here I had a purpose, a great responsibility to put it better and during my quest to fulfil such responsibilities I tried planting opportunities that would one day allow me to flourish. I want to say along my journey, the seeds I planted were my primary problem, truth is I just lacked providing them with their necessary needs and therefore each relationship withered and I must say I'm glad they did, at least the majority of them. I was clearing the path to follow through with what I really wanted but even my efforts to do that was a failure. You're probably wondering what does this have to do with Philly right? Let's put it this way I think since moving here I've had the most opportunities I've had in my life and I've squandered them all for whatever reason. I've always known the importance of building relationships, I just never cared about it or them - my lonewolf mentality still trumps that need for team elevation/glory. Question is how am I going to achieve anything sustainable and lucrative without investing in any partnerships.

I recently formed a partnership with a colleague of mines, now we're a YouTube duo - look us up 'Joint Kustody', we're a pretty decent team. I guess in some ways I'm trying to plant seeds   about me or Philly really it's about you movers, the people reading this right now that have picked up their belongings and moved away from 'home', or those wanting to move, but still caught in the net of hope or limbo pondering on a new beginning or any successful ongoing investment. I want you to take heed of this, location only mean so little, it's the person's drive and intention to truly accomplish, that's what really matters. So no matter where you are in the world, give your seeds a chance to grow and flourish, nurture your investment, give your success a chance to flow wild like the wind and even if you're not the team playing type maybe it's time to learn to play well with others. Ok I'm done preaching, this is Akil in Philadelphia, signing out! Enjoy your year folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment